Midscapular Thoracentesis Ultrasound Training Model
- Blue Phantom
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
£6,114.00 inc. VAT
Adding product to your basket
Blue Phantom's mid-scapular thoracentesis ultrasound training model is specifically designed for ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. This ultrasound training phantom aids users in developing and practicing the skills associated with a mid scapulary approach to ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. This model is excellent for assisting clinicians in gaining proficiency in using ultrasound to identify and guide needle and small gauge catheter insertions in a patient with pleural effusions for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes.
The model is of a supine adult male and extends from the upper buttocks to the lower neck. Positioned in the mid scapulary line, the ultrasound tissue insert contains chest wall superficial tissue, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th ribs and intercostal spaces, pleural cavity with lung and atelectatic lung, diaphragm, and superior spleen. The pleural fluid collections allow users to develop and refine their ultrasound guided thoracentesis skills. This model is extremely realistic and is self-healing offering you superb training with a low cost of ownership.
The ultrasound tissue insert offers extremely realistic sonographic imaging characteristics is designed for guiding the placement of needles and small catheters (18-21 gauge and associated catheter kits). Blue Phantom simulated human tissue is very realistic and ultra-durable; excellent for repeated training in skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. Positive fluid flow offers users feedback when pleural effusions are accurately accessed. The fluid is easily refilled using a quick fill luer lock or can be connected to an I.V. reservoir for continuous fluid delivery. Users can also learn to avoid accessory structures as the spleen, diaphragm and lung.
Extremely realistic and self-healing design offers you superb training with a low cost of ownership.
Ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of thoracic anatomy, lung, diaphragm, anterior spleen and pleural effusions, using ultrasound to target the appropriate fluid pockets for needle guidance, and performing an ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedure. Our self-healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures without giving second thought to wearing out the tissue or calculating the cost per cannulation. You can expect unmatched durability from our tissue. This ultrasound training mannequin is constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self-healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts. Constructed using Blue Phantom simulated tissue which match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate thoracentesis transducer. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including emergency medicine, critical care medicine, surgery, surgical training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Excellent for training clinicians in the psycho-motor skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures
- Ultrasound tissue module contains the chest wall superficial tissue, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th ribs and intercostal spaces, pleural cavity with lung and atelectatic lung, diaphragm, and superior spleen.
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics: extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Ultrasound tissue is ultra-durable; self-healing tissue offers a long life providing a low cost of ownership
- Positive fluid flow offers users immediate feedback when pleural effusion fluid is accurately accessed
- Pleural fluid that is removed during thoracentesis procedural training is easily refilled using a quick fill port – or automatically refilled using I.V. bag reservoir
- 1 bottle (BRS-183 - 235 mls) of thoracentesis pleural replacement fluid included with model purchase
- Add optional Soft Storage Case for light transport and storage
- Ultrasound tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Excellent imaging characteristics using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Extremely durable; use for repeated training
- Size 17” x 11” x 17” (43cm x 28cm x 43cm) (L x W x H)
- Weight 23 lbs. (11 Kg.)
- Made in USA
WHEN WILL MY ORDER ARRIVE?
Items immediately available from UK stock are usually delivered in 2-5 days.
We do our best to manage stock levels efficiently, however, we can only offer the most competitive prices by keeping our overheads to a minimum. We ask that you please be patient if items are out of stock as backorder deliveries typically take 2-4 weeks and special orders can take up to 12 weeks.
If an item is on backorder we will inform you as soon as possible and provide an estimated lead time. Once your order has been despatched from our fulfilment centre we will provide you with tracking information.
For urgent orders please contact us before placing your order to check stock availability.
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
FREE SHIPPING applies to website orders over £100.00 + VAT being delivered to a single Mainland Great Britain address.
Shipping for orders below £100.00 + VAT is charged at £8.00 + VAT.
Non-website orders are subject to a fee of £8.00 + VAT.
Shipping to Northern Ireland and British Forces is charged at £25.00 + VAT.
Items weighing in excess of 20 kg are exempt from free shipping. Shipping for these items is calculated based on weight and geographic location respectively.
International shipping is provided on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for a quote.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders if we suspect a transaction to be fraudulent or in breach of agreements with our suppliers.
Due to the high value of the products we supply, a signature will be required upon delivery.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.