SimScreen RC1 Desk Corner Panel - Right
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
£2,670.00 inc. VAT
Adding product to your basket
SimScreen® RC1 Desk Corner Panel - Right
A mobile and affordable control room that separates the student from the instructor is a new, innovative tool for observation and assessment.
SimScreen® is a mobile screen solution for nursing and health professions simulation lab instruction.
The SimScreen SS1 Standard Simulation Panel is a cost-effective and portable two-way mirror panel that separates the nursing instructor from the student during the simulation and can also be used for in-situ simulation.
It facilitates effective observation, patient communication, and teaching during simulation while decreasing distractions for the student nurse. The SimScreen also offers space-saving advantages to the college or hospital with limited space for their teaching environment.
The SimScreen uses Mirropane commonly known as a “two-way mirror”. It is a highly reflective mirror that is partially reflective and partially transparent. The glass area is 79 cm (31″) wide by 94 cm (37″) in height. The base area has a finished white PVC type panel which is durable and easy to clean and maintain.
SimScreen panels can be combined to make an actual temporary control wall or room section. They also assist in noise reduction. All units are designed to abut each other with an aluminium flange for a larger observation area.
The units can slide into each other for easy storage.
Give students the opportunity for independent clinical decision-making without relying on cues from the instructor, with SimScreen®
- The actual dimensions of each standard SimScreen® unit is 1.8 m (6′) in height and 0.9 m (3′) in width
- These dimensions with a corner unit can surround a standard office desk or can be individually used for more direct observation of a simulation
- The corner panel can be made as a left or right unit
- The corner dimension for the return (the corner unit is a standard SimScreen® unit with a side return closed-in) is 36 cm (14″) for a Right corner SimScreen (RC1) and 33 cm (13″) for a Left corner unit (LC1)
- The reason for the difference is the abutting flange is always installed on the right side of the SimScreen®
- The SimScreen® uses Mirropane commonly known as a “two-way mirror”
- It is a highly reflective mirror which is partially reflective and partially transparent
- The glass area is 79 cm (31″) wide by 94 cm (37″) in height
- The Mirropane used in our SimScreen® is tempered for safety
- The base area has a finished white PVC panel which is durable and easy to clean and maintain
- All units are designed to abut each other with an aluminium flange for a larger observation area
- The SimScreen® frame is 5 x 5 cm (2″ x 2″) aluminium 6061
- Each unit is easily mobile with a wheelbase
- SimScreen™ panels can be combined to make an actual temporary control wall or room section
- They also assist in noise reduction
- The units can slide into each other for easy storage
- Approximately 35 kg (78 lbs.)
- The fully crated SimScreen is approximately 109 kg (240 lbs) (Class 70)
Custom Graphics Package
Customise your SimScreen® with our custom graphics package! Add a high grade completely custom vinyl logo to your SimScreen® to match your university or training centre! Contact us to submit your artwork!
- Full-colour custom sticker
- Sticker size is 40 x 51 cm (16″ x 20″) (Smaller sizes available upon request)
- High-grade vinyl sticker that resists tears, rips & fading
Why should our training centre be using a SimScreen®? Why do I need to be hidden from my student?
You may think that being in the simulation lab with your students facilitates hands-on learning, but research shows that removing yourself from the room, will actually produce a more capable healthcare professional.
The presence of an instructor in the simulation room provides cues and guidance to students through body language and unintentional behaviours. This occurs subconsciously even if the instructor makes every effort to remain a neutral observer.
Students instinctively look to the instructor to determine their best course of action rather than using their own critical thinking skills. This eliminates the students’ opportunity to realize how their clinical decisions affect patient outcomes.
Are these units mobile and how much space do they take up?
Our complete line of SimScreen® products is 100% mobile. The screens have also been designed to slide into each other for easy and compact storage!
What type of installation is required when I purchase a SimScreen?
The SimScreen® is a very well built and durable product that requires no maintenance or assembly!
Can I start with one SimScreen® and add more down the road?
Yes! Instructors can start with one screen and continue to grow their inventory. Panels can be combined to create a temporary control room, wall or observation window.
What are the dimensions of the SimScreen®?
A standard SimScreen® is six (6) feet tall and three (3) feet wide and weighs 78 pounds. By combining a standard screen and a single corner screen you can create an observation window the size of a standard hospital bed or office desk.
What if I want a custom-sized SimScreen®?
We Can Do That! We can work with you to find the best fit for your facility’s needs.
How does the SimScreen® work? What does the student see when looking into the mirror?
The SimScreen® uses Mirropane technology commonly known as a “two-way mirror”. The screen utilizes a highly reflective mirror which is partially reflective and partially transparent. The screen is highly reflective on one side preventing the student from looking back at the instructor. From the instructor's point of view, they can observe the student without any distortion.
Is there any warranty available with the SimScreen®?
A one (1) year warranty is offered for all SimScreen® products.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER ARRIVE?
Items immediately available from UK stock are usually delivered in 2-5 days.
We do our best to manage stock levels efficiently, however, we can only offer the most competitive prices by keeping our overheads to a minimum. We ask that you please be patient if items are out of stock as backorder deliveries typically take 2-4 weeks and special orders can take up to 12 weeks.
If an item is on backorder we will inform you as soon as possible and provide an estimated lead time. Once your order has been despatched from our fulfilment centre we will provide you with tracking information.
For urgent orders please contact us before placing your order to check stock availability.
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
FREE SHIPPING applies to website orders over £100.00 + VAT being delivered to a single Mainland Great Britain address.
Shipping for orders below £100.00 + VAT is charged at £8.00 + VAT.
Non-website orders are subject to a fee of £8.00 + VAT.
Shipping to Northern Ireland and British Forces is charged at £25.00 + VAT.
Items weighing in excess of 20 kg are exempt from free shipping. Shipping for these items is calculated based on weight and geographic location respectively.
International shipping is provided on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for a quote.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders if we suspect a transaction to be fraudulent or in breach of agreements with our suppliers.
Due to the high value of the products we supply, a signature will be required upon delivery.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.