TAP Block Ultrasound Training Model
Blue Phantom’s transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block ultrasound training model assists users in the development of the psychomotor skills associated with performing ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block regional anaesthesia procedures.
Built on Blue Phantom’s superb realism and unmatched durability of our synthetic tissues, our TAP block ultrasound training model assists users in the identification, localisation, and targeting of structures utilized in performing this regional anaesthesia procedure.
These structures include the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues, external oblique muscle, internal oblique muscle, transversus abdominis muscles, and the peritoneum.
Users are able to simulate the entire TAP block procedure using this highly realistic and durable ultrasound training model. With the goal of depositing local anaesthetic in the plane between the internal oblique and transversus abdominis muscles, users can inject simulated anaesthetic into the model repeatedly as the fluid is automatically expelled.
We know that gaining proficiency in using ultrasound requires practice. Our self-healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform TAP block procedures without giving a second thought to wearing out the tissue or calculating the cost per cannulation.
This model is excellent for teaching a variety of skills including; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of the subcutaneous tissues, external oblique muscle, internal oblique muscle, transversus abdominis muscles, and the peritoneal border, using ultrasound to target the appropriate region for depositing local anesthetics, guiding the needle to the intended region, and visualizing the infusion of anesthetics.
Excellent training platform for clinicians learning to perform TAP block regional anaesthesia procedures.
At Blue Phantom, we expend tremendous effort to match the imaging characteristics of real human tissue allowing you to teach and train under optimal conditions. We know that the best simulation training scenarios are requisite on users experiencing the same procedural realism as performing the procedure on patients.
All of our simulation materials match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialities including anesthesiology (anaesthesiology), emergency medicine, surgery, surgical training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centres, surgical skills centres, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Realistic and ultra-durable ultrasound-guided transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block regional anaesthesia training model
- Excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound-guided TAP block procedures
- The model provides tactile feedback as users penetrate through the tissue layers of the external oblique muscle, internal oblique muscle, transversus abdominis muscles, and the peritoneum
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics
- Use repeatedly for TAP block training; injected simulated anaesthetics are automatically expelled
- Ultrasound tissue is constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics feels and cannulates like real human tissue
- Self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts
- Model contains the realistic external anatomy of the torso from the mid-chest to the upper thigh
- Utilize traditional anatomical landmarks for blind insertion techniques, or utilize ultrasound to obtain images of anatomical structures
- Tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Performs well using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- Add optional Soft Storage Case for light transport and storage
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Extremely durable; use for repeated training
- Size 28” x 18” x 12” (71cm x 46cm x 43cm) (L x W x H)
- Weight 20 lbs. (9 Kg.)
- Made in USA
Download the User Guide